Monday, February 18, 2013

Rave Yoga


This past weekend I went to a great yoga class at one of the local studios, and I have to say I was really impressed with the people who were there. I love doing yoga at home because I can just do it on my own schedule when it is most convenient, and I don't have to get all bundled up to go outside in the frigid cold, just to take most of it off as soon as I get to the studio! However, there is something even more special about taking a class at an actual studio. It must be a mix of the environment, the people who are there that are all coming together for the same purpose, and just the amazing power that comes from  being a part of something that is greater than myself. I just love it, and it is so worth dragging my butt outside through the snowy weather to be able to feel something so powerful, both collectively asa group, but also on my own as well. I love it!





https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=951800173367&set=t.626837123&type=3&theater
However, as much as I love my studio classes, I ran across a great event that happened in Rochester back in January that I wished I had known about! There was a Winter Wonderland Rave Yoga workshop held that looked amazing!! I couldn't even imagine how awesome it must have been to come together with so many awesome yogis at such a large workshop, while also getting to practice in the dark with glow sticks, awesome music, and so many people having a good time. I will have to keep my eyes and ears open to see when something like this comes around again!


Have any of you ever been to anything like a Rave Yoga workshop?!?





No comments:

Post a Comment