Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Run Sprint for your Life!!!”

I would go ahead and say that promising to blog every day was biting off maybe a little more than I could chew.  I’m sorry to have let you all down (and hopefully, you weren’t TOO let down) for not updating this as frequently as I had hoped.  Let me re-commit to my blog readers- I will blog as OFTEN as I possibly can.  You may see a guest blogger pop up here and there (hey, I have friends too!) but just know that my little spot on the internet isn’t dead J

ANYWAY- I am working with a trainer to try and better my physical fitness.  It’s hard going about it on your own and I figured a trainer knows best when it comes to proper exercises, nutrition and all around physical health.  It’s pretty cool and I’m jazzed about the whole experience.  That was, until I was introduced to sprinting.

According to Bodybuilding.com springing is “The purest, most powerful physique-shaper in an athlete’s arsenal!”  Not that Bodybuilding.com is my go-to site, but I figured I would do a little research regarding my grueling workout.

I’ll go through the basics…because I am NOT a certified trainer or any sort of authority whatsoever.  From my session with the trainer I found out a few key items about sprinting.

1.     ALWAYS do a warm up.  You can’t just sprint and think that you’re all set.  You’ll hurt yourself.  I’m pretty sure I almost pulled my groin muscle.  It wasn’t pretty.
2.     Start off with a few sprints going 60%.  I guess this is part of the warm-up but really give yourself time to ramp up to 100%.
3.     Pretend that a bad guy is after you.  It will make you sprint faster- I swear J

All in all, my session turned out to be great.  Once I got past the initial huffing and puffing and vomiting feelings, I was able to really appreciate the workout I had given my body in small amount of time.  I think that’s what makes sprinting so popular.  You can accomplish a lot without spending an hour on the treadmill.  Four to Six quality sprints will get your heart racing and blood pumping!

P.S.  Check out my guest blog post over at DarcyKnoblich.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment